Become an instructor/coach
Meridian Kung Fu (UK) Coaching programme curriculum
The Instructor Programme is a stepping stone process to becoming a Meridian Kung Fu Instructor and eventually running/owning your own branch.
Only exemplary students are considered and must initially meet the following criteria:
- Age 16+ years
- Elite Programme Member
- Exceptional attendance record
The Instructor programme has 6 Levels of progression
that are taught to recruits. All 6 must be competently achieved to obtain Probationary Instructor level. Coaching/management skills are taught in monthly 2 hour seminars at HQ under the guidance of experienced Instructor and business mentor Sifu Steve Carpenter. These sessions will be coupled with hands on training in actual classes once a week to develop the high level of skill required to become a Meridian Kung Fu (UK) Coach.
- Basic class involvement duties during Sessions.
- How to set up equipment.
- How to prepare the training area.
- How to run basic health and safety checks.
- Observation of class structure
- Introduction to coaching.
- Basic coaching duties such as pad and drill training under strict supervision.
- How to create rapport with individual students.
- Assistance with warm ups
- Class management systems.
- How to maintain the class register and organise students before and after a training session.
- How to keep order within the training area.
- How to follow the curriculum.
- Assistance with cool down.
- Advanced Coaching skills.
- How to coach small groups and how to maximise student participation.
- How to make sessions enjoyable and effective.
- How to run warm up and cool down.
- Demonstration of coaching ability. Demonstration of the following:
- Equipment set up.
- Health and safety checks
- Warm up
- Small group curriculum training
- Cool down
- Branch management tuition on:
- First Aid
Provisional Instructor status will be awarded on completion of level 6 subject to:
- Holding minimum of Black Sash
- DBS enhanced certification approved
- First Aid qualified
On achievement of all the above Meridian Kung Fu (UK) will offer a zonal opportunity for new coaches to open a branch on a one year trial period. If all standards laid out in the Instructors handbook are met FULL INSTRUCTOR status will be awarded. Meridian Kung Fu(UK) are also able to provide a full time premises on a lease basis in any area of the UK should the Instructor require this.